BECOME A MENTEE IN Mitt Livs Chans
Mitt Livs Chans is a free mentoring program for individuals with foreign background* and a post-secondary education who wants to find a job in Sweden within their field of competence. The program is available online in all of Sweden, as well as in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and Linköping/Norrköping.
Foto: Ann Jonasson Lignercrona
As a mentee in Mitt Livs Chans you're offered:
- A mentor from a Swedish company or organization who guides and supports you in matters related to the job market, application processes, and your professional goals.
- A possibility to build and expand your professional network and make new contacts.
- A deeper understanding of the Swedish job market, job interview training and the chance to improve your CV.
WHO CAN APPLY?
In order to be eligible for Mitt Livs Chans you have to fulfil the following criteria:
- Foreign background (born in or outside of Sweden, with two foreign born parents)
- Completed post-secondary education
- Have a job permit in Sweden (not needed for EU citizens)
- Currently missing a job equivalent to your skills and are actively looking for a job
- Can communicate freely in Swedish (not required for the online program)
- Can communicate freely in English (only required for the online program)
CHOOSE BETWEEN TO TYPES OF PROGRAMS
Mitt Livs Chans WITH FACE-To-face meetings | 4 months
- Language: Swedish
- Location: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and Linköping/Norrköping
- Joint networking sessions: 4 x 2 h, where both mentees and mentors participate.
Sessions are held 6-8 pm in the evenings.
- Mentor meetings: Min. 4 (scheduled by the mentee and mentor)
Content: The joint sessions in the program aim to improve your skills in the job search process, as well as to give both mentees and mentors the opportunity to network with other participants. The themes of the meetings is "networking in practice", "CV strategy", "interview training" and "Swedish organizational culture". In addition to these meetings, we also arrange company visits.
Mitt Livs Chans Online | 4 MONTHS
- Language: English
- Location: An online program available from anywhere in Sweden via our web platform (you need a computer with internet connection and audio/webb camera)
- Joint networking sessions (online): 4 x 1 h, where both mentees and mentors participate.
Sessions are held 11.45-12.45 pm during lunch hours.
- Mentor meetings (online): Min. 4 (scheduled by the mentee and mentor)
Content: The joint sessions in the program aim to improve your skills in the job searching process, as well as to give both mentees and mentors the opportunity to network with other participants. The themes of the meetings is "networking in practice", "CV strategy", "interview training" and "Swedish organizational culture".
How do I apply?
To apply you need to fill out our application form. Before you apply, please make sure that you fulfill the requirements for the program in list above. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact our program managers for respective region/program.
What happens after I have sent my application?
- We process all applications and contact those who meet all the criteria for an interview.
- Your interview, application and if we find a matching mentor will determine if you are eligible for the program.
- You receive a final acceptance message 1-2 weeks before the program starts.